Position: Projects Manager
|Date Posted:||24 November 2010||<< New Search||Apply >>|
|Application Deadline:||15 December 2010|
|Start Date:||01 January 2011||Salary:||tbd Euros per annum|
|Country:||Malta||Position Type:||Job Vacancy Permanent|
|Work Authorisation:||Will provide work permit assistance|
|Link to More Info:||www.aquabt.com|
|Description:||A position within the AquaBioTech GroupTM has arisen for a suitably qualified person to work as a projects manager with work including:
1. Planning project schedules and development plans for aquaculture installations, internal research projects and specific client requests. This entails liaising with the fields of construction, architecture, mechanical engineering, civil engineering, HVAC and electrical engineering.
2. Management of all aspects of the group’s relations with the Research Executive Agency of the European Union, ensuring timely and correct reporting, coordinating, and grant submission of all grants relating to the AquaBioTech GroupTM In addition, monitoring of upcoming grant opportunities and seeking out grant partnerships through various means including (but not limited to) Cordis, BioNet, and National Contact Points.
3. Coordination of a specific international research grant which AquaBioTech GroupTM. and its partners have acquired. This project is 2 years in length and involves partners from 5 countries, with a focus on larval fish and recirculation aquaculture.
4. Writing and assisting in writing of grants for the Research Executive Agency, Malta Enterprise, MCST, etc.
5. Interacting with clients either remotely or on site specific visits
6. Managing and documenting projects
7. Assisting in the preparation of ToR’s, BoQ’s and project budgets
In addition, the AquaBioTech GroupTM operates a diverse business and anticipates other opportunities into which the successful candidate may expand their portfolio over time, including (but not limited to) marketing opportunities, supervising internships, and designing and administering an e-learning course.
The position is a demanding position requiring a person who is highly motivated, methodical and organised. The selected person must be prepared to work to very tight deadlines in isolated and multi-functional projects and in conjunction with a team of international staff.
|Other Benefits:||Financial Package The wage package offered for this position will depend upon the level of experience that the consultant brings to the company. There will be the opportunity for the candidate to earn bonuses that are project specific, individual performance specific and company performance bonuses that are dependent upon the performance of the company as a whole.|
|Other Requirements:||Qualifications Overview A successful candidate is likely to have a good background in project management, preferably with at least an M.Sc. level of education, although experienced B.Sc. graduate candidates are also encouraged to apply. Applicants from architecture and construction are encouraged to apply. Knowledge of aquaculture and the biology of aquaculture species is considered an asset. The successful candidate will be offered a long-term contract with the company that could easily be extended. The selected candidate will have to speak and write English fluently and knowledge of any other languages, such as Russian, French, Spanish, and/or Arabic would be considered an asset, although not essential. To be successful in this position, good leadership and inter-personal skills are essential. The selected candidate must be over twenty-six (26) years of age, have a clear EU passport with no travel restrictions or legal convictions and be in possession of a clean driving licence. Applicants must be prepared to travel at short notice as part of international assignments the company is awarded. Applicants are kindly requested to send a full CV in the ABTG Europass format (available at www.aquabt.com), including a passport photograph to the firstname.lastname@example.org. ONLY applications received in ABTG Europass format will be considered.|